If You Could Go Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Go?
Whether you’re dreaming of going to an exotic locale like Bali, or embarking on a cross-country road trip via RV or backpacking through Europe, taking the vacation of your dreams is something every 55+ older adult should do or add to their bucket list!
In fact, traveling is good for your overall well-being and for keeping us grounded. So, whether you choose to travel stateside or abroad taking a once-in-a-lifetime dream vacation can be one of the most impactful experiences of your life.
However, before you hop on that plane, train, or cruise ship keep in mind these ten tips when planning your dream vacation so you’ll get the most out of your trip — no matter where it may take you.
Plan The Vacation Of Your Dreams
- Plan Ahead. Taking time to research your destination, including things to do, places to eat, stay, and how to get to Point A from Point B will allow you to actually enjoy your dream vacation and get the most out of it.
2. Have Fun. Get out there and see anything and everything you can! You won’t regret the long days and action-packed evenings.
3. Don’t Stress. On the flip side, don’t fill your days too much. See as much as you can, but keep in mind that you can’t see it all. All the more reason to come back at another time.
4. Venture Off. To really experience your dream vacation, venture off the beaten path where the locals frequent. How will you know where to go? Ask!
5. Take A Guided Tour. It’s worth spending the extra cash for a good guided tour. You’d be surprised at how much you’ll learn from a tour guide!
6. Choose Your Travel Partner Wisely. No matter who you choose to venture with, it’s important to schedule some alone time to explore your unique interests. So, make sure your travel companion is easy to get along with and you each understand one another’s expectations of the trip!
7. Live In The Moment Take time to look around you and really experience your vacation. After all, what good is a picture or social media post when you have no real memories of being there?
8. Ignore Work. Try not to think about what’s going on at the office or the responsibilities you’ve left at home. Plus, using your dream vacation to disconnect will help you return to your life refreshed and ready to take on your day-to-day.
9. Don’t Be A Penny Pincher. Nothing puts a damper on a trip like funds running dry. Make sure you budget ahead of time so you have the money needed to really enjoy your vacation — eat that pricey dinner, go on that once-in-a-lifetime excursion, invest in that special memento — you deserve it!
10. Have The Time of Your Life! Last but not least, enjoy yourself! No matter how much planning you do and what you expect, it won’t go exactly as planned, and that’s okay! No matter what, be flexible and try not to stress. Some of the best memories come from the most unexpected experiences.
There’s nothing like fulfilling your bucket list travel dreams. With these 10 tips, you’ll be sure to have one of the best vacations you’ve ever had, the vacation of your dreams!
Want more tips and inspiration? Subscribe to our newsletter today — we’ve got all the resources to help guide you along any dream vacation or bucket list pursuit.