Summer Means Fun!
Yes, it’s true summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean that the fun has to end! Why not try one or more of these 8 Essential Summer Fun Things To Do whether solo, with family, grandkids, or friends!
Summer isn’t really summer if you don’t get through this checklist.
The Blog, Cup of Jo, a daily women’s lifestyle site founded by Joanna Goddard covers style, design, culture, food, travel, relationships, and parenting tips recently offered this handy checklist of essential low-key summer activities everyone should do!
Summer Fun Things To Do!
- Swim. “Go to the lake. Or the beach. Be the first to jump in the water. Be the arbiter and instigator of fun. Make memories so wonderful that, 10 years from now, you’ll say with longing and light in your eyes, ‘Remember that beautiful summer of 2019….'”
- Try a new-to-you ice cream flavor. I’m open to any and all suggestions in the comments.
- Watch a movie from when you were knee-high to a grasshopper.
- Play board games with family or friends. (Which board game is your favorite?)
- Read a great book. There are plenty from which to choose!
- Leave your phone at home. Yes, really, you can manage this once in a while. “It feels so good to turn your brain off and simply notice things, like clouds that look like caterpillars!
- Make a crumble. “This recipe works for any fruit,” promises the Cup of Jo post.
- Stay inside and don’t feel bad about it, and do nothing at all. Maybe watch a movie at 1 p.m.? Just make sure not to do anything productive because that’s totally against the rules!
Don’t let August pass you by, without doing one (or more) of these 8 fun summer things!
What activities would you add to the list?
Bucket55 is on a mission to fix the story of getting old. It’s not about aging it’s about living and having fun! Learn More…